Sunday, May 11, 2008

My recent break from blogging



Oh, did I not mention a conference that I would be attending in Cancun?

I'm back now and will start thinking about marketing again...although the entire concept of Cancun was obviously conceived with nothing but tourists in mind in order to find a way to part them from their money. Cancun is completely unlike the rest of Mexico and is entirely built for tourism. As branding goes, they've done a good job catering to their target market.

In order to further connect this trip to marketing and branding, I also snapped this second picture outside of a small convenience shop in Mexico.



Bimbo Bakeries was founded in Mexico City in 1945 and brought packaged, sliced bread to the Mexican market. Does this brand name hold up across countries and cultures?

..and this all begs the question, Is Cancun the best thing to happen in Mexico since sliced bread?

No comments: